The Texas Tropical Trail Region hosts Monthly Partner Events every 3rd Tuesday throughout the 20-county region which are open to the public. Partner Events consist of tours, educational presentations, special programs and networking opportunities. They feature the host community and showcase the heritage, natural beauty, and diverse culture of South Texas. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Partner Events have been held virtually. See the Texas Tropical Trail Region website or Facebook page for details.
August 17, 2021
- “Aransas County in Postcards” by Pam Stranahan and Kam Wagert of Rockport
- “Virtual Tour of Farley Boat Works” with Cliff Strain, Director of Port Aransas Museum
- “Jim Farber, Wood Carver – Hand-carved Ships & Others” by Sheila Shidler, Executive Director, Weslaco Museum
- “Brownsville Historical Association’s Costumes of the Americas Special Collection” by Tara Putegnat, Executive Director, Brownsville Historical Association
September 21, 2021
Finally! We are excited to announce that we will all be
meeting together IN-PERSON for the first time since February 2020!
- Tour the Texas Surf Museum & South Texas Music Walk of Fame
- Catered lunch at the Corpus Christi Museum of Science & History
- Tour of the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History
- Presentations include:
- “Update/Overview of CC Museum of Science &History” by Carol Rehtmeyer, President/CEO of Corpus Christi Museum of Science & History
- Brad Lomax, one of Corpus Christi’s most successful restauranteurs/entrepreneurs and founder of the Texas Surf Museum
- “Legendary Dragon Grill and Landmark Supreme Court Case” by Susan & Rene Trevino, owners of Enjoy Corpus Christi Tours
- Updates about the new Corpus Christi Harbor Bridge from Lynn Allison, Public Information Officer.