Once again, we have had a nice cool front blow through West Texas. What does that mean? It’s soup weather! Our version of cowboy soup is easy and will leave you and your loved ones full. Pair it with our cornbread recipe from a few weeks back, or our fire crackers from last week!
- 1 Package of Bacon
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 1lbs Ground Beef
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can Hominy
- 1 can Black Eyed Peas
- 1 can Green Beans
- 1 can Rotel or Crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 Russet Potatoes (peeled and cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 Cup Macaroni or Rice
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot cut your bacon with scissors into bits. On medium-high heat begin cooking the bacon, halfway through add the onion. Once the onion is translucent, add the beef and brown.
- Add your cans of veggies, tomato sauce, and Rotel. Add water to cover ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add noodles or rice. Continue to simmer until noodles or rice are done.