I have always been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Some of my favorite foods are categorized as “breakfast foods”, one of these foods being biscuits. You can pair a good biscuit with just about anything, and it doesn’t have to be just breakfast foods. This recipe is a quick biscuit you can make any morning and save the rest for later if there are any left.
- 2Cups Flour
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 3tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4Cup Shortening
- 3/4Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a medium/large bowl mix flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Cut in shortening to flour mixture until well mixed. Then add milk and combine.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto wax paper or counter then turn dough on surface to roll out. Speckle dough with flour until you can successfully roll it out without sticking to rolling pin. DO NOT use more flour than needed.
- Cut your biscuits out with a cutter or rim of a glass.
- Place the biscuit on a greased baking pan, and bake for 15-20 minutes until done.